This art journal page started with the stunning image Sandy Allnock draw and her Peace Love and Art Challenge. The challenge ends at the end of July. You can read all about it by clicking here.
– I printed the image on watercolour paper and a few times on regular copy paper.
My favourite medium to watercolour is Distress Ink, as I also used for this image.
– The apron I coloured using my gel plate and a piece of denim with Chipped Sapphire to give it texture and the look of soft denim.
– I primed my journal page with diluted white paint.
Next I took out my large gel plate and inked it with Chipped Sapphire and after rolling it out with my brayer I sprayed it very light with alcohol (a great tip from Robyn McCledon) to get instant texture. Instead of putting the paper on the gel plate, I took the gel plate and pressed it to my right page in my art journal. I repeated this for the left page.
– I stamped the sunflowers and coloured them also with Distress inks. When dried I cut it in to a smaller size.
– I printed the text for the quote and coloured a piece of paper on the gel plate for behind the text. Before fussy cutting the letters I put some Stick It behind it for easy adhering later on.
– It took me an evening to make an A4 ful of flag edges, I used the flags of all the countries of Europe and
some countries outside Europe. The flags I copied from the internet.
– The strip of text was made with Google Translate, I used again all the countries of Europe and some countries outside Europe. I made a few Peace symbols in light gray behind the text. First I wanted to print this on to tissue paper but after one of my printers had “eaten” the paper and I tried several other ways including using another printer I gave up and used vellum. That was glues with matt medium to the page.
– The Peace symbol is also from the internet and was colourd with ink.
– The brush on top of the word “make” was drawn by myself.
I wanted a simple page because the message on the page is the most important.
I hope you love it just as much as I do!
The used materials are under the image and if you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.
Peace Love and Art image Sandy Allnock
Ranger Dylusions Large Creative Journal
Distress Re-inker and ink pads in a brod range of colour
Alchol 96 %
Gelli Arts Gel plate 6” x 6” and 9” x 12”
A few Faber Castell Polychormos pencils, black for the edges of all the cut outs and the glasses, red for the lips of the girl and white and yellow for the sunflower hearts.
Marianne Design Sunflower stamp set